Denise and I have been in Bahrain for 3 weeks as I write this. So here are my initial observations as we begin our ministry here:
- Bahrain is a nation of many nations. In my first 4 days here I personally met individuals from 18 different nations.
- The American Mission Hospital is deeply respected by the people and the leaders of Bahrain as a place of healing and hope.
- We have experienced warm and genuine hospitality from everyone we have met.
- We experienced a warm thank you and send-off for Chaplain Appu and Lali Varghese for their 12 years of faithful service at the American Mission Hospital.
- There is a spiritual vitality in this place. The worship at the English Language Congregation is beautiful and inspiring. There is a commitment and a heart to love the people of Bahrain with the love of Jesus.
- The food is delicious, and we are invited to many homes where we are experiencing hospitality and amazing meals.
- It has been a challenge to get to know and remember the names of a large number of hospital staff members, congregants, and teachers and students.